Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jacob-isms

I thought I would share some things my child says....Prepare to turn to mush!

"Mommy, do you have to go to the hos-i-ble today?" I can't stand to correct him to say "hospital" because it's too stinkin' cute.

I shared this on facebook the other day. I was putting my makeup on in the bathroom.
Jacob: What are you doing Mom?
Me: I'm putting makeup on.
Jacob: Why?
Me: Because sometimes I like to put make up on because it makes me feel pretty.
Jacob: Mom, you are byoo-tee-full just the way you are! {melt, I know}

When he says prayers, at the end, he always says the same thing. I'm not sure exactly what it is, something like: "In Jesus na-mey-dey-a-pay" AYYY-MEN! (Supposed to be in Jesus' name I pray, but he's got extra syllables in there somehow) I've GOT to get it on video somehow.

Some of his songs:

The farmer in the well,
The farmer in the well,
Ho-high the derrio
The farmer in the well.

He also runs around singing "Aloutte." Here are the lyrics...I'm sure you'll know the tune. (He even sings the echo...it's HILARIOUS! Who says nothing good can come from watching Tom and Jerry?)

Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette, je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tête
(Je te plumerai la tête)

Et la tête
(Et la tête)

Alouette
(Alouette)

O-o-o-oh
Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette, je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le bec
(Je te plumerai le bec)
Et le bec
(Et le bec)
Et la tête
(Et la tête)

Alouette

Aywho. Hope you had a smile for the day!
Don't forget to keep watching my blog this week for the CSN gift card giveaway!

3 comments:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

These Jacob-isms are just too, too, cute!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Karen Mortensen said...

Those are so sweet. I hope you can get some on video some day.

Renee said...

Cute! My little 5-year-old niece, who is my special buddy, calls me something that sounds like Aunt Ruh-ay. Her dad can coach her into pronouncing my name correctly by itself, but when she pairs it with 'Aunt', it comes out differently. I asked him to stop trying to change the way she says it . . . She'll grow up soon enough!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...