Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick Update

Emotions have been running high. This last week has been a time of deep reflection for me and some decision making for our family.

We are looking into much more aggressive treatment for the MG. Rituxan is a chemo drug used for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and RA. It can work really well, but it's really expensive and has scary side effects. We talked about this before, but then it seemed like I was getting better again for a while.

I have been doing way too much, trying to act like healthy person and do the things healthy people do. I need to accept my weaknesses instead of ignore them, because ignoring them sent me right to the E.R.

Tomorrow is another pheresis, then again next Tuesday. The approval process for Rituxan takes a while, so i won't be for a little while yet. Prayers are definitely appreciated.

NOW.....Better late than never....Rachel from This Crafter's Yarn won the CSN giveaway!
I let her know on time...almost! Rachel is a fairly new bloggy friend who also has MG! Congratulations Rachel!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I think the hardest thing about having MG is learning to accept the fact that you can't do as much as you used to, or you have to completely change the way you do what you can.

Sometimes you feel like you're a totally different person, almost like part of you is missing! You wonder if you will ever find the 'old' you again... But somehow you find the strength to go on, with help from family, friends, and faith in God. It's not easy, but what other choice is there...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pitterle Postings said...

I think learning to accept can actually apply to many parts of our lives. For me, this has been a year full of learning to accept. It is so hard to watch people you love go through difficult times. I really hope your new treatment options bring you some much needed relief. We made a hard choice earlier this year and it has been a good one for us. I will pray for the same for you. Remember that Heavenly Father is mindful of your needs. Keep Him always in your heart and thoughts and I do believe he will guide your path.

Karen Mortensen said...

I hope everything goes well for you.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I hope this new treatment offers you more relief from the MG. You and your family are in my prayers.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Renee said...

Praying God will give guidance and peace! Blessings!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...