Monday, December 6, 2010

Talk About Winter Wonderland!

If you've heard the term "lake effect snow" but never seen it, here you go: MY house happens to be at the very end of a tiny "banana belt" of a snow band that always gets THE most snow.


The left side of the picture is the opposite side of my road. Um, yes, there IS a road under there. Somewhere. We often go unplowed for a day or two.

Jacob LOVES to play in the snow! Daddy gets to go out and play too, and this is Blackie's first time in the snow. They are playing "keep-away" with snowballs! Blackie's trying to catch them.


The side yard: the mulberry tree and the chicken coop. You can bet the chickens are tucked snugly in their straw!

Jacob looks like he's winning!
My favorite: the red, rosy cheeks of just coming in from the cold. Four year old Jacob, my handsome little man.

Just FYI, we're up to about 18 inches in less than 24 hours, and it's not supposed to stop til at least 11:00 tomorrow morning. Yee-ha!


8 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh I love it!! Ours is nearly melted already. I do love winter with the snow on the ground. I hate driving in it, but I love the way it looks. nice pics. The rosy cheeks are awesome!

Karen Mortensen said...

You are a better woman than me. That is why I live in CA.

Rachel said...

The snow looks so beautiful! We had flurries on and off all day, the only place any snow stuck was on our cars. The gang looks like they had a blast playing outside!

pilgrim said...

Wow, that's just beautiful! I can't imagine my part of the world ever looking like that, would have been amazing to have just one white Christmas like that over here!

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Stopping from SITS! Boy, did you get snow! I love the red cheeks. I bet he was tired after all that great time outdoors too.

Renee said...

Impressive! We haven't had anything yet and I've been so hoping for a snow day!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I LOVE snow and miss it so much! Can Matthew and I come and visit? I simply am dying for his adoption to be finished so I can take him to Canada in the winter!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Kerri said...

Karen: I do like California too! I like the snow though...it really doesn't effect me too much, except that going in and out makes me cough a lot because of the trach.

Rainforest Mommy, you and Matthew are welcome ANY time!! We have plenty of room!

Thanks, ladies, for you kind comments!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...