Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

What a year it has been. As awful as my health has been this past year, I’m not going there. As I reflect over the course of the whole year, there have been some really amazing things that have happened.

Jacob finished potty training. That’s a HUGE whoo-hoo right there. No more poopy diapers. That’s almost enough for the whole year right there! And because he did, we got a really sweet puppy dog, Blackie.
We had another new addition to our family: Baby Haylee



Jacob continues to grow and amaze me every day. He is the most wondrous combination of noise, boisterous energy, non-stop curiosity, crazy brilliance, all-boy-rough-and-tumble, and tender compassion. The child has such a beautiful heart.


I have reconnected with a woman who is now like a sister to me. We were neighbors when I was born, and she used to babysit me. She recently told me she remembers the very day I was born. Even though I had not seen her in 30 years, we are as close as sisters today. She is wise and intelligent, caring, encouraging and supportive. I love you Linda!
I’ve made friends through a computer. This blog. Friends that pray for me. Friends that encourage me. It’s like a miracle to me. I need people. I can’t get out much. So God has brought them to me. Thank you, God.
I’ve deepened relationships I already had. I’ve done amazing Bible studies with a fabulous friend. Love you Joanna.
I feel closer to my husband than ever. Chronic illness is beyond difficult in a marriage. In fact, 75% of all marriages where one partner is chronically ill end in divorce. That’s 3 out of 4. WOW. I am so blessed to have the man I do. God prepared him since he was a child to have every gift, talent and strength he needed to be my provider, caretaker, partner and friend. I love you more than ever honey.
Looking to 2011, I am anticipating new treatment for the Myasthenia, and better health because of it. My prayer is for medical remission. I am eagerly awaiting a cough assist machine to internally strengthen my lungs.

I am looking forward to homeschooling Jacob and being astounded every day at his character, compassion, and zeal for life.
This year has brought heartache and rejoicing. I have seen the mountaintops, and lived in the valleys. I have felt loved and I have felt lonely. I have been faithful… and faithless. And I am thankful to the One to cannot be unfaithful. To my God. My Redeemer. He truly is my Strength. Without Him, I would not have hope. And without hope, I would not have life.
Here’s to 2011: May God bless you and your families. May you see health and feel love as you have never experienced before. May we all be kinder to our neighbor, and take care of those in need.



I am a better person for experiencing the support this blog has introduced to me, and will be forever grateful for it.
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Kerri, You have been blessed in so many ways, a loving, caring husband, a beautiful son, and many caring friends. May God continue to watch over you and your family. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year.

As always, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers......

Renee said...

Lots of blessings! It's encouraging to read how God is working!

Karen Mortensen said...

Happy New Year to you. I count you as one of my blessings of this year.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. As Karen said, I too count you as one of my blessings this year!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

pilgrim said...

Amen to that my friend! :)

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...