Sunday, August 28, 2011

11 Years

Note: my computer has been on the fritz and I've been trying to post this for DAYS!!!!

The year 2000 was a very eventful year, to say the least.

I got engaged.

I got sicker than I ever have been in my life.

I had to quit my job.

I got married.

I was hospitalized, flown by helicopter to the U of M where I spent the better part of the last 3 months of the year, only to be discharged with a probably diagnosis of bulbar palsy, which was degenerative and terminal.

HOWEVER:  let's just focus on the good stuff!  First of all, it was NOT bulbar palsy, and I am not dead. : )  (Or a degenerate, as some of you may wonder!)

But best of all, 11 years ago yesterday, I got married.  I'm a day late on my post because I was getting pheresis on my anniversary.  Lovely, yes.  But when ya need pheresis, ya get pheresis.  I've gotten it on my birthday, Doug's birthday, ya know...all the good times.

So to my husband of 11 years:

We have indubitably had our ups and downs,
None of which made you flinch.
I can only imagine had I married sooner
I'd have found myself in quite a pinch!

When you found out that I might die,
You cried right along with me.
And when we realized I would stay,
You were as happy as could be.

I know I've thanked you in the past
For staying in my life.
But I couldn't let this day go on
Til I proclaim that I'm your wife.

We are not perfect, you and I
But together we make sense.
You keep me grounded (most of the time)
And I get you outside your fence.

So to you my love, my life, my friend,
I pledge my remaining years.
I'll love you more and more each day
Until time disappears.

Happy Anniversary honey!!

And THESE are what he surprised me with:
I had seen these at an antique store while we were there getting beads.  Gorgeous!!! 
He got me one other thing that I can't seem to get to post, so I will try a separate post.  UG.


1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

Those are so pretty!! Can't wait to see a picture of you wearing them.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...