Thursday, August 25, 2011

Plasmapheresis

It's that time again...Plasmapheresis 3 times in 6 days.  Only problem is yesterday was the first one, and they blew a vein.  I only have 2 veins in the arm that blew the one, so if they can't stick the other one, I'm hosed.  My OTHER arm only has ONE good vein for pheresis...so...

It's weird, the treatment was going great...the sticks didn't hurt when they went in, then all of the sudden, when there were only 1 1/2 bottles left, I started getting this excruciating pain in my right arm (the return arm).  Somehow either the vein blew, or the needle dislodged itself somehow, because the return (my blood with the untainted albumin, or plasma) arm was not getting fluid pushed into the tissue instead of the vein.

Let's just say that there is NOT supposed to be fluid being pushed into tissue.  Kind of like trying to add a liter of fluid to an enclosed watermelon.  Hurts like a mother.  The WORST part is that yesterday was treatment number ONE.  Ugh.  NOT looking forward to tomorrow.  So far the bruise is about the size of a golf ball, and it's getting bigger.   It's starting to really ache as well.  Lovely.

My computer has been acting up since Sunday, so that's why I haven't posted as much as usual.  I had to go back to the oldest version of my data card and it was super slow and didn't work have the time.  I had a gazillion viruses on this thing, then today I find out someone from Luxembourg of all fricken places hacked into my email via skype the ONE time I tried to use it.

I mean seriously people?  Let's hack into a chronically ill person's computer and screw with the one social avenue they have.  Jackwagons.

1 comment:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I'm praying that today's treatment goes really smoothly for you Kerri!

Hugs!
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...