Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Little Better?

Not too much going on today...checking into a lot about homeschooling.  Signed up for the HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense).  "Talked" with a friend via e-mail who gave me lots of inspiration and encouragement.  I was kinda freaking out about how I was going to be able to homeschool Jacob with all the crud I have to deal with, and she just kinda calmed me down.  It's a lifestyle, really.  Homeschooling.  It's not as much about textbooks as it is about character.  Diana (my friend) and I both agree that it's more important to raise men of integrity and good character than geniuses.  But we'll take both!

Still working on the vent transition.  Hopefully now I'm done with all the requalifying bull-oney that I had to do and can concentrate on how to not shred my trach stoma while I sleep.  Oh the joys of chronic illness.

I'm applying for my first craft show in Plainwell in November...I'm excited and nervous.  I'm hoping to do well, but with craft shows you never know.  I'll keep you posted.

I'm also going to be switching to WordPress I think next month.  They seem to have more benefits for me as far as "being found" and stuff like that.  We shall see.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who comment either on here, or on my facebook links, or send me encouraging e-mails.  You have NO IDEA how much I appreciate it.  Sometimes I think it literally saves my life.

So...blog post 700 is quickly approaching...so be prepared to sign up for my giveaway!

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

It is great for you to feel a little better!

Pitterle Postings said...

I am glad you are feeling better! And when you get wordpress figured out, let me know. I think I will need to switch too.

Unknown said...

You are going to LOVE WordPress! I am not tech-savvy at all, so I had to hire someone to do mine, but the switch went SO smoothly and I think it's the best move I ever made blog-wise.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...