Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trying To Catch Up

My word.  If my brain was not securely encased in bone it would surely leap from my head from sheer frustration and overload.  It's like at any one time I'm trying to think of, organize, reflect, and orchestrate 25 different things.  Having 4 days of celebrating an only child's 5th birthday didn't help.

Saturday was the party at Grandma and Papa's house.  Sunday we chilled out here but let Jacob open his presents.  Monday Doug took the day off and we went fishing in South Haven. Didn't catch a thing, but checked out a few shops (didn't buy anything but fudge and fancy dog biscuits).  OH, and of course I found a bead store.  Then we stopped at the Dutch Farm Market (yummy), Jacob played on the playground, and was SUPPOSED to go to bed early.  But NOOOOOO, Daddy wanted to do fireworks.

So the NEXT day, at his kid party with 6 of his cousins, he was a mess.  A crying, whining, overly tired, overstimulated mess.  And I got to deal with it.  Thank GOD for Karen and Kerry. 

Even right now I've got like 10 blog posts running through my head.  Little Caesars didn't put our order in (I CALLED AHEAD so it would be READY!!) so Kerry had to wait, and Karen and I had to distract 7 crazy hungry children for 20 extra minutes.

I'm trying to up my page rank for my blog for google (something I didn't even know existed til recently) and I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing.  Computer programming is from the pit of hell.  I literally gave myself a migraine trying to read code and figure out what the %$#!& I was supposed to do with it.  I think I might have even broken out in hives.  Palpitations for sure.  Thankfully, God has blessed me with Kate, blog designer and programmer extraordinaire, who is helping me. (Her button 2711 Designs is on the side of my blog).

I've got pictures I want to post.

I've got a budget from hell I'm trying to figure out...property taxes are due...HUGE electric bill threw me all off schedule last month....I'm about to go insane....I'm trying to start/run/increase a business, and haven't had time or energy to do so.

I've got the usual doctors, HSA, health issues, prescriptions, appointments, etc to keep up on (no small task in and of itself), and a million other things running around my head like little mouse feet. Scurry, scurry, scurry.  I've got book reviews to do, a Bible study to finish, turkeys to corral, dogs to take care of, a child to homeschool, raise, teach right from wrong, make eat good food, etc., dinners to make, oh yeah, and then there's this thing called MG.

Ok.  I'm going to go now and try to figure out how to organize all of this stuff without losing what's left of my mind.  Thanks for reading!!!!

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I understand all the busy times with blog posts running through your mind...but I hardly get them put into my blog!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...