Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NCIS is My Fave by Esteban Vinson

Thanks for the guest post by Esteban Vinson

NCIS is my favorite television program, but I often get stuck working late on Tuesday nights when it airs. That's why I really appreciate being able to watch it for free through the on demand channel of my Cable Television. I don't have to worry about setting a recorder or about racing home to try to catch the last half hour. Instead I can watch it at my convenience.

I find the relationships between the characters on the main team to be entertaining and endearing. Watching Tony tease McGee lifts my spirits while I admire Ziva as a modern woman who has no trouble standing up to anyone who gets in her way. I also like Abbey, who works in the lab--she's such an unusual character, as is Ducky.

Of course Agent Gibbs is the main reason that most women watch NCIS. He's a handsome older man with a strong sense of patriotism. That's refreshing these days. Seeing him and the other patriotic characters in the show renews my faith in our country. Of course I know that the show is just fiction, but I like to think that there are such heroic people in real life. At the very last, maybe such characters will inspire real people to be so patriotic and heroic.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...