Monday, May 23, 2011

Totally Wiped Out

Had my first of 3 plasma exchanges today. Doug had a council meeting tonight. I'm whooped. So here's a quick post from yesterday. We went to the Renaissance Fair in Marshall. I had never been to one before. Let's just say it was interesting. Not terribly easy to navigate with a walker, but I knew I would be able to keep my balance on such uneven ground. And of course it was hot and humid. Oh well.


Right away Jacob met the Queen!


The handsome knight is explaining the armor to the crowd. In total it adds about 100 pounds to a man's total body weight. And it's HOT.


Jacob got to hold the helmet, which weighed almost as much as he did!

These guys fought FOR REAL. Real armor, real weapons.


And so this is what frequently happened! He needed two guys to help him up.



Jacob was really paying attention to the "battles." And Daddy was kind enough to buy him a sword. So here's Jacob kicking Daddy's butt in their sword battle. (In Doug's defense, only Jacob had a shield.)


And I got a cool butterfly henna tattoo. It looks more orange there, but it's a lot darker today. It's kind of hard to take a picture of your right hand with your left if you're right-handed!



2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

I love going to those. We have one that comes to Apache Junction every year. I think it is amazing, although definitely a little pricey. I can completely see why you are wore out!! I hope you all had a great time.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I've only been to one of those once but I had a good time. Jacob looks like he had a blast and I love your henna tattoo!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...