Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thankful

I don't feel especially thankful today. I'm pretty darn crabby. Woke up that way. Coffee didn't help. Karen and Kerry helped...after I blubbered my brains out. Dealing with a lot of personal stuff that really doesn't have to do with my health (shocker) on TOP of all my health crap. Just have days where it's overload. So I decided to list some things I'm thankful for, like I used to.

1. I'm thankful that all of my senses, although not perfect, work. I can see and hear and smell and touch and taste. For that, I am grateful.

2. Kerry and Karen have been coming every Tuesday unless someone is sick. They bring food every time. (Meals). Next week they are coming their "normal" Tuesday, then Thursday they are bringing out their hairstylist to do my hair...cut, color, everything! Then SATURDAY they're coming to pick me up for a baby shower. I am SO thankful for these two women in my life. Love you girls!!!! (Emma too!)

3. I'm thankful that my niece's hubby got home safely from overseas and got to spend time with his family.

4. I'm thankful I have a healthy, brilliant, adorable, precocious child whom I love with all my heart.

5. I'm thankful that I'm not allowed to carry a concealed weapon. 'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes there is always other problems on top of health issues. I don't know why...I am glad that you have so many things to be thankful for!

Rachel said...

There are day when we all feel that way, it's totally normal. But when you put it all in perspective there are so many good things in all of our lives. It's not always easy, nobody said it was supposed to be. You will get through this too, we always find a way.
As always sending good thoughts and prayers your way...

Renee said...

#5 really made me laugh! I love your attitude of gratitude . . .

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...