Friday, May 3, 2013

Ain't No Sunshine

(sung to the tune of "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers)

Ain't no sunshine when he screams
It's a mess when he runs amok
Ain't no good when he turns red
And he's never red too long
Anytime he goes awry

Wonder this time if he'll learn
Momma won't give in this way
Wonder if he'll stop the "screech"
Long enough to understand
He's not getting his own way!

And I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know,
That my little boy will be back
And the sunshine will return
After the tantrum goes away......

Ain't no sunshine when he cries,
Only tears and fits and stomps
Ain't no sunshine when he yells,
But he'll be back to his old self

In no time at all
He'll be back to my sweet boy
And then he'll understand
I mean no harm anytime
I don't let him get his way!

Okay I took a little liberty with the last chorus.  Or verse.  Or bridge, whatever it is.

And again, to my mom and dad, I humbly apologize for being self-centered and ungrateful for whatever I was self-centered and ungrateful about, because now that I'M a parent, and I have a REALLY well-behaved child, I KNOW I acted that way if Jacob can. :/

Thank God His mercies are new every morning....for ALL of us. :)

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...