Saturday, November 26, 2016

Preparing my Heart for Christmas: Letter to God

I am participating in a 28 day Preparing my Heart For Christmas Challenge done by Heather Bowen over at lifeofahomeschoolmom.com.  You can purchase a journal that she has made to go with it, or you can just meditate on the scripture. I have the journal, and today I wanted to share my response from yesterday.
by JeanKeatonArt

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin."  Hebrews 4:15

God, it really is quite miraculous that Jesus was born of a virgin. I mean, physically: NOT possible. But then, not only do You DO the impossible, You also do the improbable.  Your precious Son wasn't born to a queen and king, or even a princess.  He was born to a young teenage girl who had no significant stature in society.

Christians of all walks of life can relate to Jesus is one way or another. Scandalous birth? Infidelity? Although in Jesus' case there was NONE, You know people were talking about it.

But not only that, Father, Jesus went through life experiences that we have all had.  Disappointments with those he loved, betrayal, temptation, anger, hunger, grief, physical and emotional pain... He went through it all.  And why?  For what?  Why would this King of Glory go through all this pain, irritation, humiliation...when He could have just stayed in His perfect home in Heaven?

For me.  For you.  He did it for me.  He did it for YOU, dear reader.

And not only did He die for me, he experienced some trouble in His life so that I could KNOW that He understands me.  He not only lived a perfect life amidst trials, He did it so that His death on that cross would pay the penalty for ME.  For MY sins.  For MY crappy attitude and selfishness. It truly was my sin that hung Him there.

Thank you, Jesus for what you did.  I praise you that you didn't "just" die for me, but you LIVED for me.  You rose again...for me.  You lived a perfect human life so that this imperfect human could have a perfect one.  Glory to God.  Thank you Jesus.




No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...