Monday, November 5, 2018

Magnificent Milestone


Yesterday was a HUGE day for me.  Not because I don't feel very good (Jacob shared his germs with me).  Not because it was Sunday (I missed church).  It was a big, wonderful, magnificent day in which I reached a major, magnificent, monumental, milestone.

After 17 years and 9 months, I am *completely* OFF of CellCept.  CellCept is the medication I take for the Myasthenia Gravis.  I started it in February of 2001 and have been on it ever since.  The only time I *didn't* take it was when I was pregnant with Jacob.

CellCept worked miracles for me.  It was the only MG med I had taken that worked.  Between that and Plasmapheresis, I stayed alive.  I didn't have side effects with CellCept as long as I took it with food.  I've had friends that had catastrophic side effects from this medication.

CellCept is a drug that suppresses the immune system.  With MG, my own immune system attacks the connection between my nerves and muscles (the neuromuscular junction).  So by taking this medication (originally a drug for organ transplant patients to help prevent rejection), the MG symptoms were slightly abated.  However, it was NOT a cure.

I am still NOT cured.

I am still NOT in remission... I have simply swapped out medication and a grueling procedure in which 150% of my blood volume was taken out, separated, put back together and put back in my body (plasmapheresis) for a foot bath. 

Yup, I said foot bath.  But not any foot bath... The IonCleanse by AMD.  This machine gave me the miracle I have been praying for since I had my first symptom in July of 1996.  IF I use the IonCleanse by AMD three times a week, I don't need pheresis, and I've been able to get off of Prednisone (after 17 years) and now off of CellCept (all WITH my neurologists's consent).

I was fortunate enough to be part of a very small, informal study in which the IonCleanse by AMD was provided for me to use as a possible MG treatment.  It is non-invasive, there are no chemicals in it, it is completely safe, and AMD has a perfect safety record. Click HERE to read the white paper on the study.)

As a side note, since using the foot bath (November 10 will be 2 years since my very first one), I have not needed plasmapheresis for 21 months!!!  

I'm so thankful to God for bringing this machine into my life.  My quality of life is SO much better.  I can drive again.  After almost 15 years of being primarily home bound, I can go places with or without Jacob, without my husband.  Nothing. Else. Has. Changed. In my medical regiment.  If I over do it, or if I miss a bunch of treatments, I get more symptomatic.

And I'll tell you before you even check out the link, it's *expensive*.  Sure, you could find something cheaper; but please remember, you get what you pay for.  A cheap, Chinese knock off has NO oversight... There is NO ONE making sure it's safe.  It hasn't been tested.  It's basically a glorified battery charger.  (We ARE talking water and electricity here)... And no, I don't work for AMD.  I'm not a salesman.  I just want everyone to know what a miracle this machine has been in my life.

AMD has the patent on this technology.  As I said, they have a 100% safety rating.  The people who own the company are good people.  If you call the company, you may very well talk to one of the founders.  They aren't pretentious.  They are good, decent people who want to help others.

Anyway... I just wanted to share my amazing news with everyone, and thank God for seeing fit to bring this machine into my life.

NEVER give up.  I went 20 years with this disease controlling my life.  But people were praying for me every. single. day.  I don't know why it took 20 years.  And I don't care.  The IonCleanse by AMD has given me my life back, and I give God all the glory!

Be blessed y'all!

Click HERE to go to the AMD website. (We in the study all used the Solo machine.)

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...